i always had my head wrapped around the idea of getting into a wonderful university and getting a good job and getting married and having a family and being able to support them but for some reason now all i want to do is travel and eat new foods and meet new people and get a tan and buy a one way ticket and not come home
What did the blanket say when it fell off the bed?
I realized that my eyes were closed and opened them. Augustus was staring at me, his blue eyes closer to me than they’d ever been, and behind him, a crowd of people three deep had sort of circled around us. They were angry, I thought. Horrified. These teenagers, with their hormones, making out beneath a video broadcasting the shattered voice of a former father.
I pulled away from Augustus, and he snuck a peck onto my forehead as I stared down at my Chuck Taylors. And then they started clapping. All the people, all these adults, just started clapping, and one shouted “Bravo!” in a European accent. Augustus, smiling, bowed.
Laughing, I curtsied ever so slightly, which was met with another round of applause.
little things that help ease symptoms of depression:
- turn the lights on and open a window
- eat something healthy and drink ice cold water
- find a comforting album to listen to whenever things get bad
- take a long, relaxing bath
- do yourself up in full make up and hair
- be around people, even if you don’t think it will help
- watch something funny on netflix
- wear your favorite/most comfortable outfit
- immerse yourself in a hobby like drawing
- lose yourself in a really good book or movie
i don’t want to go to school i don’t want to go to university i don’t want to have a career i don’t want anyone to expect anything of me ever ever ever i just want to sit in a cocoon of blankets all day every day sleeping and reading books because i don’t think i’m cut out for this whole ‘contributing member of society’ thing
napping together is my kind of date